Sunday 17 January 2016

Frosty start then a snowy End 16-1-15

Well with the rivers settling down to a decent level myself and Chris headed out to the river ,Chris in pursuit of roach,me Chub.We headed down to a spot where Chris had his best river roach last year,he fished below me and I tried a new swim.The temp was -1 with a thick frost on the banks.I settled in my swim,tactics were Tip rod and maggot feeder,during my time in this swim I had a good rap and a slow pull,time to move,the conditions now we're bright and slightly warmer.
This Robin had some sort of worm growing out of his chest.We both moved,Chris was trotting and I was further up,we stayed about an hour then moved again,a swim I fancied and Chris said to me this run looks miles better.It wasn't long before I was getting indications on the tip and was looking forward to the last two hours of the day,the sky was cloudy now and looked better to catch a few.
Chris with his first ever grayling ,his first before the snow started.I managed to hook 4 fish and loose them all,a bad work man always blames his tools and I knew it was the hooks I was using were not suited to chub.Chris went on to catch two brownies and another fine grayling in the snow.
Last trot for Chris and this produced a nice chub.A good day with highs and lows for me ,just glad 
Chris caught and we didn't blank.We packed up and headed back in the cold dark air to be faced with a hill with snow and Chris had to walk due to my van struggling to get up,it seemed like ages before Chris reached the top of the hill,I was relieved,what took you so long .Till the Next Time,stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment