Sunday 9 February 2014

8-2-14 Robin in my swim

I decided to go back to no 1 water on saturday.I was going to try another water but with the weather we were going to be getting battered with,i thought i would go back here for some hard fishing.I managed to set up before first light,the wind was blowing from left to right and ocasionally swirling into my peg.I popped the shelter up and sat back watching ronnie the robin fly in and out for the free offerings i had put out for him.


Ronnie the robin............................................

This water has a lot of dead weed on the bottom and causes problems to presentation when you tighten up to your lead.I decided to fish popped up baits,i tested my bait in the margin and with the lead sinking faster than the bait,when the bait reaches the bottom it will sit about 3 inches off the bottom.



The wire has been double twisted to make it stiffer to stop tangles...............................

I had found a gravel bar about 30-40 yards out and put both my baits out there.With the weather forecast i went back to straight ledger on both rods.During the course of the morning i had mackeral tail and pollan baits out.At around 12-30 after freshening up the baits buy recasting to the same spots,to make sure i brought no weed in,i changed to smelt and herring,i had changed the pollan earlier on to a sardine,i only like to leave sardine about an hour as they go really soft.


The swim,the brolly held up really well except a gust nearly had it,but i had hold of it in time and one off the pegs popped out,i couldnt find the peg.........................................................

So after changing my baits i sat back,had another coffee,the wind now was whipping round,it also looked like rain was coming.Considering i caught two last week a guy was blanking in that peg,its a strange water,when are they going to feed.At 2-30 a single beep,drop off fell off and it was a screamer,i struck and nothing,my bait has been stolen,hate that.I recasted to the same spot with another smelt.



He wouldnt be content till he had those last pieces of bread...................................

After the screamer i had no further action.Its time to have another break from here,i wont be defeated.


Till the next time bloggers,Tight Lines....................................................

Found the peg,lol...................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment