Sunday 22 December 2013

Back to Blank 22-12-13

Well my 7th pike session of the season today.After last weeks fish i decided to return to my target water that has seen 5 blanks included in that was a day i should off banked 5 fish,well thats a distant memory ,today is what mattered.

I woke up this morning greeted with pouring rain,now i do not like pike fishing in the rain,never done any good,unless it stops in between and i have had fish that way,but constant rain ,its not for me.

Once i arrived at the water it had stopped,i decided to fish the bay again,tactics,one rod roaming ledger,the other float close in.I could not of tried any harder,baits for the day were lamprey,joey,smelt and herring,not even a beep.

In between waiting for a bite i chucked lures and worked the area into a froth,enjoyable but no fish.

I have decided now to put this water to one side and go to my second choice,then come back to this water at a later date.With xmas only 3 days away,i will be looking to get out over the holidays before i have to return to work.

Merry Christmas to all fellow bloggers,tight lines,drink safe and enjoy the break..................................

A shot of the lake,always looking for the cloud shot....................................................

2 comments: