Friday 3 August 2018

Carr Mill Dam 3-8-18

Well it seems like a lifetime since I last fished.My house is now re wired thanks to Batch and a cracking job aswell.Ive got a days work left finishing the dry lining and I can leave it for a bit to concentrate on fishing.Todays trip saw me and Eddie fishing the dam.One of the main problems is all the pegs are out in the water,so we fished peg 123 for Eddie and me 124 as it was shallow.I started of with 10 feeders cast out clipped up at about 40 yards.
Baits on the tray,maggots ,dead maggots,corn and worm chopped up.
I was pretty much casting skimmers early doors,then the water skiers came out and it seemed to kill my swim and bites were few and far between .
Eddies peg,he missed a lot of bites and had a few perch on he didn't know off.
View down the res,it's a lovely place to fish.I put 10 more feeders out and when the boats went in I was catching again.I had one nice bream but the rest were skimmers.
My marker to the right of the missing bricks in the wall.
A big heron who failed to catch.An enjoyable but frustrating day saw me with 14 skimmers,1 Perch and one decent bream .So the scores were browny 16 Brocky 7.Not a great session but nice to be back out .
Tight Lines and need rain for the river .

No comments:

Post a Comment