Saturday 12 May 2018

Breaking Surface Match Bradshaws Fishery Lake 4 12 May 2018

Seems like forever since I've been out and yes I'm on another match at Bradshaws Fishery in Bolton on Lake 4 .Draw at 9 Fish 10-3 .Todays methods were Tip Rod,Pellet waggler and I set my pole up but didn't end up fishing it.As usual I started on the tip rod,Micros and wafters hookbaits .I managed in the first hour 1 carp ,Roach and an Ide.Id drawn Peg 31 and the angler next to me was fishing the waggler on Peg 30, So I switched and started to catch,But it was slow,I'm not the greatest at the waggler but was managing another ide and a few carp.At around 1-30 I'd noticed the fish had switched off and I went back on the tip rod and what a good decision as the fish were responding and I was catching steady .
I switched to yellow band ums and was catching quite steady.The angler next to me was still doing well on the waggler ,I was catching larger carp but not the numbers he had.The weather was lovely today nice in the sunshine with a light breeze flowing down the lake.I managed a few more carp and a skimmer,another ide and was building a good weight.As the match was coming to an end I knew I hadn't done enough,but an enjoyable day and a decent weight considering .
1st place 79lb
2 place 59lb
3 place 57lb
I finished 6th with 42.3 lb
Eddie finished with 26.3lb from a snaggy swim.Anyways here's a few pics from the day.

The winner next to me.
Eddie in the distance on Peg 12.
Tight Lines bloggers,Till the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment