Saturday 20 January 2018

First session of 2018

Today I finally got out after dental work I've had to have done and last weekend was Definately a no hoper.After recent perch trips I've always done better in the afternoon,so I decided to arrive at 11am and fish till dark.Then it all went Pete Tong when I got to the peg,I lost my glasses somehow and also managed to knock my rod rest into the water.After trying to recover my rest of which I didn't was annoying.A trip back to the van to try and find my glasses and get another rod rest of which was a make do buzz bar with some butt grips that belonged to Chris I was finally fishing.Id been fishing about half an hour,struggling to see my float .A bailiff walked past and Asked how I was doing and I explained I'd lost my glasses ,within 2 minutes he found them past my peg,thank god and thank you very much mate.The rain continued to fall till around 1-45pm .I was struggling to get a bite and kept feeding maggots little and often.id taken my Avon rod today and fixed spool reel so I could cast and try an area that's unreachable with the centre pin.The sun made short appearance,it was getting colder and as it was getting near to 3-30 pm I decided to fish directly in front of me a rod length out.I continued to feed maggots little and often and as the light faded,I'd blanked.A frustrating day but was nice to get out after such a long wait.
Till I'm next out bloggers.

No comments:

Post a Comment