Sunday 2 August 2020

Friday Barbel Saturday Chub

Last Friday I made it up to the river for a short session .The weather forcast was heavy rain from 10 pm onwards .The River was spot on and had dropped to a perfect level it looked fantastic .Usual tactics bomb and bag, Boilie and pellet.It wasn’t long before my rod went over and a lovely chub hit the net .At around 8ish I had a massive 3 foot twitch and what a fight from a powerful fish taking line and going on good runs in the flow.Once I had her under control I netted her at the second attempt.
Was fluctuating between 10 and 10-2 so settled for 10 lb , What a lovely barbel two tone.I should of packed up and gone home really but sat there in the rain for at least 10 minutes before it cleared .I had one more bite and a lovely chub .I packed up at 9 and by the time I’d walked back to the van and loaded up the heavens open. Turned out a perfect window of opportunity .

1st August 2020
Arrived at around 7-30 pm and found the river to be lower but a nice colour and some flow.It was a lovely evening and actually warm to fish without a jacket on. I started of with a chub followed by 3 more in to dark , Two were good sizes and the other two were small, Boilie 2 pellet 2 . I fished till 11-30 and with no further action packed up.

Tight lines and Stay Safe x

1 comment:

  1. Lovely fish Pete well done. I need of that secret paste haha

    ReplyDelete