Wednesday 19 August 2020

2 sessions No Barbel August 2020

9th August
What a lovely weekend it was , I arrived to a busy river and walked till I found a peg.I hadn’t fished this area before and was looking to fish just short of some faster water as the river was low.Different tactics this time I’d fish the feeder .The wind picked up maybe 30 minutes in and it now wasn’t warm at all.At around 8-15 I lost a barbel to a hook pull as I was trying to put too much pressure on as it headed for a boulder .The wind got worse and with no indications I left at 10 pm.
16 August

After another nice week I headed to the river with a chance of rain on the cards.I decided to try a peg that was in between two pegs I’d fished before .I tied up PVA bags and the rain came , not for long though.I fished one rod upstream and one down stream . My first bite came to pellet in day light hours, a lovely chub .Into darkness all the action came on my left hand rod , all chub again .My last bite was a Dace on my right hand rod. Plenty of bats out and another slight shower I packed up at 11pm and even though no barbel it was a decent session .
Hope everyone is well,  Stay safe x

No comments:

Post a Comment