Sunday 21 November 2021

Searching for Stripeys 20-11-21

 Well seems like forever since I fished for Perch.The water I fish is very unpredictable during the cold winter months being that dawn isn’t the time for them so I thought I’d try a half day session into dark to try and catch one of the units in the lake .My favourite way is float fishing with a centre pin reel and float rod 


Bait today would be feeding red maggots with chopped Lobs over the top,Hookbait is always a head or tail hooked so the eye is only showing tipped with a red maggot as I only use barbless hooks .The day started off really cloudy with the wind blowing from left to right across the lake . I always find it a waiting game and being patient is the key to success on here as you never know what size perch you going to hook .I use a size 8 hook as I don’t want to be catching smaller perch only out for the bigger ones .


The robin was a busy chap keeping me company through the day I kept him topped up with maggots .As the afternoon wore on the wind picked up and had a couple of indications on the float .At around 2-45 you could see the drizzle coming across the middle of the lake and I was thinking no umbrella ,but hey unless it chucks it down I’m in it to win it . At around 3pm my first bite , and it was a proper one .


I didn’t weigh it but was pleased over a pound and what I came for even though I’d like a 3LB one lol.As the day finished mist was coming across the lake and as darkness fell I returned to the van wet but dry underneath .

Till the next time , stay Safe .

No comments:

Post a Comment