Monday 15 August 2016

A Change Of Bait 13-8-16

So Saturday tea time I'm on my way to pick Chris up for a long overdue river session on the river ribble hoping Chris can catch his first Ribble Barbel.We went on the usual long walk down river and after a little negotiating I found the peg for Chris to fish that I've had some good success in and I made my way down river to try and find a peg as the river was up about 4 foot from last weekend I managed to find a spot and set up.It would probably take 3 hours for the river to drop and as we were early I was hoping the barbel would be on the feed as the river level dropped.It wasn't long and I recieved a text from Chris ,he'd caught a barbel,so I reeled in and walked up for photos .
Not massive but Chris was pleased ,I headed back to my spot ,got both rods out and sat back taking in all the fish topping,perch chasing fry in the margins.I decided to fish boilies on both rods as the river was up and fish 3oz feeders on Both and keep feeding every 20 minutes.I was getting a few knocks on my left hand rod and nothing at all on my right hand rod,then at 7-40 pm my right hand rod roared off a no barbel on,then off to a hook pull.As the evening progressed  I changed to a heavy lead and pva bag on my left hand rod and carried on with the feeder on my right hand rod.As soon as it was dark the river had dropped a good 2 foot ,I was sure we were in for some good sport.At about 9-50 pm I eat my last Tunnocks and decided to reel in my left hand rod,put the feeder back on,change my bait to a pellet with a longer hook link and hope a change of bait might make the difference.At about 10-10 pm my pellet rod ripped off and after a few powerful runs it was in the net .I couldn't believe it when I checked the net.
I was made up 10 lb 6.The scales were bouncing between 10-6 and 10-8 so as I wanted to return the fish it could of been a repeat of the 10-8 I had a few weeks ago,I'm not sure.I packed up not long after and went too see how Chris was.He had not caught any more ,but was getting plenty knocks and had lost a fish too.A real enjoyable evening and hopefully next time we can fish nearer .
Tight Lines Bloggers,Till the Next Time 

No comments:

Post a Comment