Monday 16 February 2015

Flanesford Priory

I reached the half century last week,and normally we go somewhere for Julie's birthday,I decided to go somewhere.I chose flanesford as it is situated at the side of the river Wye ,and I've also fancied fishing it for a few years now.Im never really bothered about going anywhere in February but Julie said your only 50 once,so here goes.

We arrived late Friday as the traffic was bad on the way down,don't you just hate travelling through brum,I do.we settled in to the castle apartment and then went out for a meal at the inn on the Wye ,it was raining pretty hard,and I didn't know what to expect for my morning session.

I arrived at the river just after dawn,a short walk from the property.I spent the first 30 minutes walking and looking at swims,the river was coming through at a fair pace,coloured as well.Tactics would be liquidised bread,flake or crust on the hook,straight lead,running ,2 foot hook length size 4 hook.
As I made my way down the bank side it was slippy and muddy.I fished two swims,with one rod in the first swim,and two rods in swim 2. I had decided to fish till around 12, so I could spend the rest of the day with Julie ,I moved to the last choice swim,the muddiest of all,I got down to the waters edge,saw a nice crease coming off a fallen branch,trouble was casting to the spot,due to trees and over hanging branches,a nice side cast saw me high the spot and 5 minutes later,a lovely chubby.

Was well pleased,a tough morning in deed.
Sunday saw me venture further down river,I fished 4 swims and caught two more chub,one to flake the other to crust.im having problems with my lap top so I can't post the pics.
Flanesford priory.

Very high ceiling in our apartment .

The White House above the river,an enjoyable two mornings fishing,not easy by any means.very good rates to stay at flanesford,fishing is extra,with 4 sections of the Wye to fish,downside,poor mobile signal.
Tight lines bloggers,hope to get a new lap top,till the next time .

No comments:

Post a Comment